Friday, March 2, 2012

The repercussions of a gypsy spell..

So this week has been full of drama, hence why it has taken me almost a week to tell you about Rome.

And I believe it all starts from the gypsy curse.

Monday I spent all day in the library catching up on homework that I didn't do in Rome. I came back to the house around 4 and was beginning to blog my trip. Eliza and her friend, Aeri who is visiting on her spring break came in shortly after. Around 4:30 Cierra came out of her room and told us that she is missing money. The next few hours and then the following five days have been centered around her missing 400 euro-which then was changed to a missing minimum 200 euro. We let her search all our bodies, bags, and rooms. We checked the house for a possible break in, for her possibly losing it, the whole nine-yards.
After a stressful five days, two meetings with API directors, a number of emails to API, a dozen explanations, and countless tears, nothing has happened except the dynamic of our house is now terrible and so awkward. At first nobody trusted each other, now one roommate, Rachel, is the ostracized one. It's very sad. But her reaction to the possibly stolen money was really odd and the most alarming. She pretty much has just said all the wrong things and acted completely different. But who am I, who are we to point a finger and say she stole the money. But the house is very very awkward when she is here. Nobody, including myself is comfortable with her around. It's really terrible and sad.
So that's where I've been and what I've been doing for the past week. Some side plots, Elaine had her wallet with 200 euro, her debit card, keys, and school ID stolen at a club. And this morning she just found out that a family friend's dad died from a heart attack. So she was a wreck crying in my bed. Eliza had her friend staying on the couch in the living room for the first few nights, which is illegal, and had to find her a room to stay in since all this missing money and meetings with API went down. She also found a weird lump on her body and was crying about that. And everyone is just exhausted. I feel like no matter how much I sleep, I am always tired.
It has just been an absolutely dreadful, dreadful week. Coincidentally, we got a notice on our door to the street that a priest is coming to bless the building tonight at 6 if we want him to bless our apartment. We're doing it.


So amongst all this crap, I have still had class and indoor soccer. I joined the team with API and we have had three games this week. Besides myself there are two other people that know how to play soccer. Out of a team of 12. On the sidelines, one of the girls asked me about the rules on how to cross the half line.. I don't even know. Needless to say, it is really interesting. But between the three of us that know how to play and some sheer luck we are 3-0. And I am having an absolute blast. I've scored and gotten into tackles, may or may not have accidentally hit some guy in the crotch.. Whatever it takes. :) But I am really happy I joined. Exercise is what is keeping me sane.  Yesterday the sun was out and it was a BEAUTIFUL 70 DEGREES!!! So I went for a two hour run and did the body weight circuit Michael gave me. Today my body is a little sore and I have a bruise on my shin from getting kicked in soccer. Mmmm the simple things that put you to ease..

So there's a glimpse to my life. I'm going to do some hw, and hopefully the fog will burn off and today will be another warm day so I can go to a park and soak up some Vitamin D.

I love you. And miss my relatively-free drama family and friends.   <3



A picture up on API's facebook talking about our team. I'm just casually stretching. Oh I forgot to mention!! We got free t-shirts as uniforms.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment