Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lots of Study Breaks :)

This week is Midterms week. So I'm taking another break from my studying and going to write one more post.

We all stayed in town this weekend because we had midterms this week so we needed to study study study. Naturally, the weather was beautifulllll, like 72 degrees beautiful. So I pretty much did everything but studying.   :)

I took Eliza on a run along the river to the park where I usually do Michael's body weight workout. It was so nice out. So many people were walking their dogs, and by walking I mean their dogs were just running around everywhere and their owners were just walking and would every now and then check to see where their dog was. I absolutely love it. I barely see dogs on leashes and I've only seen one possible dog fight/tension. And that wasn't even on one of my runs..

I'm going to go on a walk there some day and bring my camera so I can take pictures and show you guys where I run. I absolutely love it.

Let's see the rest of the weekend Eliza and I went walking through Florence. We found this really pretty park that is stupid close to our apartment, just in a direction that we never walk. So we sat there for a long time and watched this lady who had a giant bag of bread and was throwing crumbs out for the birds, not caring one bit if there were people around or not. A whole flock of pigeons, ducks, and geese just followed her around. She even hand fed one goose. Reminded me of Mary Poppins / Home Alone. And then as we were sitting there, we heard some weird music/radio and after five minutes this giant protest walked down the street next to the park. I think it was the Anarchist party and they were protesting against the police and racism. It was a really random and huge group of people led by a truck with a big speaker system and a guy yelling through it with some occasional flares that people set off. The carabinieri closed off the road and stopped traffic for them and had a big group walking behind them and a bunch of vans. It was pretty crazy. We were talking to one of our Italian friends about it and he said protests (actually he called it a parade) are a common occurrence in an Italian weekend when the weather is nice. So I guess I might be stumbling upon more..

Eliza and I left the protest/parade and continued our strolling/delaying in studying. We ran into a live streaming of a concerto in Piazza Signoria, super random. And then found a big crowd in Piazza Republicca. So of course we joined and it just ended up being a performer who was playing the guitar and singing. But he was actually really good and was playing awesome 90 songs. So we stayed and listened for probably around an hour. And then

Monday was another beautiful day so Eliza and I went to the park to study. I read a book for half an hour and then fell asleep for an hour.  :)
Quite the successful weekend of studying if you ask me..

But no worries, of course I got some studying in and four of my finals went really well. I just have Italian left today and will continue studying for that after I'm done writing to you.

One more test and then it is Spring Break! Yayyy! Dana is already en route and I am so excited. Of course the weather decided to poop on us and start raining but today is another 70 degree day and there is not a single cloud in the sky, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
So we're here in Florence 'till Wednesday and then we are in Rome until Sunday. Should be a relaxing break, I'm really excited to have her here.
And then on Monday Michael shows up! Crazy crazy. I'm one lucky girl.

Well here's to the next two weeks!
Ciao Ciao!!



A few pics..


The pretty park we found




The protest/parade


A little video of the protest. You can hear the guy yelling. Please excuse my poor filming..

 

You can kind of see the streaming of concerto on that screen in the background



The crowd of people listening to the performer



And the gypsy/prostitute that shoved me in Rome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment