Saturday, January 28, 2012

Let's Experiment

So I figured a blog might be a convenient way to communicate and show you a little bit of my life everyday. I may just continue emailing or maybe a little of both. I guess we shall see.

I know you are anxious to see pictures. And I am anxious to show you what I see everyday. But I want to take pictures while I am on my own and have my own time to reflect on what I want to show you guys. But seeing as I am terrible navigating my way around I have yet to take any pictures. It really is soooo frustrating that I can't find my way around. I try so hard to remember this store or this street or this view of the Duomo. But I am terrible. And I HATE it!!! But it'll come.

So let me tell you about my day.
We had a scheduled cooking class today at a place that does just that, they teach cooking classes. Good idea I think. So class was at 3:45. We went out last night so I got up around 11. Eliza, Rachel, and I decided to wander and then meet up with the rest of the house at 3:45. We've seen a lot south of our apartment because that's where the Historical Center and all our classes and such are. So we decided to go north. We were definitely in the residential neighborhood of Italians. It's where I went on my run and got soo lost but didn't hear one word of English which is rare because Florence is very touristy. And you definitely have to make an effort to get away from it. Anyways so we wandered and found an amazing pizzeria bar I guess. Like a to go place. It was 1,50 euro and so yummyyyy. And he didn't speak any
english so you know it was good.

Our cooking class was fun. Made an eggplant, mozzarella, tomato ordeal. And a gnocchi dish, which is like a potato pasta. Finished with tiramisu. It was quite yummy. But I'm just so not the cooker. At one point we were rolling the dough for the gnocchi. The potatoes are mixed with three types of flour. So we were all rolling it and I naturally roll mine right of the counter like woops! there it goes! :)

Now we are back at the apartment. Eliza and I are just hanging out in our room while the girls are finding more food to eat. I just can't afford to snack and eat all the time. Although I would love to. But Eliza is the same way so it's nice to have someone else who isn't going to spend and buy every meal out. She is also a bomb cook soo I am going to need to do as she does.

So I took a few pictures quickly from my phone. They are nothing special but let me share them with you.



So a few crummy pictures taken from my phone.


I thought this was so fun. Actually seeing that I am in Paris, it was truly unbelievable.

The view from our hotel room. That's the Duomo. I believe it's some church or something of the sort. Not quite sure yet. But it's the big shibang. 



Eeyore just chillin like a boss.



So this is the Arno. It has been my landmark and savior when I am turned around (which is 99.9% of the time.) It's the river that flows through florence. It's where I ended up jogging into what I think was a different city or something. I don't really know. But it is beautiful.







3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ya, I guess that is more accurate than mine. My moment was..holy shit, I am in Italy.
      But I didn't think it was an appropriate title. :)

      Delete
    2. It's all good. I love moderen technology, blogs, skyping...so cool. xoxo

      Delete